Are you looking for mobile devices for your workforce, or perhaps even in the market for a new phone yourself that’ll be a critical piece of equipment for work?
Why mobile devices & phone choice is so important in the workplace
As Mike Brinkler, global Deloitte Digital leader says, “Mobile devices are unleashing new levels of productivity, efficiency, and collaboration. Using mobile devices in the enterprise isn’t a new trend… (in about) five years mobile platforms will dominate the way employees engage with the organization.”
Mobile Devices, whether for work and personal use, or strictly for work purposes, plays a pivotal role in daily work life now, and the trend will continue – particularly for employees not tethered to desks, and the growing mobile-first millennial workforce.
Things to look for in mobile devices for work
When choosing mobile devices for work you want it to be an easy, fast, tough, glitch-free powerhouse with storage for days. Something that’ll hold charge for longer (plus charge faster), with a screen large enough to do work tasks on while on the go.You also want a phone that you can trust for security and be able to deploy your workplace mobile device management (MDM) solution easily for compliance.
Does the new Huawei P30 Pro satisfy the tough demands of being a capable work phone?
Here’s the feature set of the P30 Pro that address work-related requirements:
- Android operating system, for high compatibility with existing work systems, including MDM
- Included hard case, so dropping the phone won’t break it (unless awkwardly, or from height!)
- IP68 dust/water resistant, for extra protection if you’re out in the field or prone to spilling beverages
- Large, high definition screen, coming in at 6.47inches and 1080×2340 resolution, for more screen space in greater detail
- OLED screen, for better vision in sunlight
- 4,200 mAh battery (compared to iPhone XR’s ‘longest battery life ever in an iPhone’ capacity of 2942 mAh), so the phone can be used for up to 100 hours!
- 40W Super Charging capability (plus 15W wireless charging), for 70% charge in 30 min
- Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) = powerful CPU for multitasking and/or power intensive apps
- Ridiculous camera specs (“40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS + 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF + Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF + TOF 3D camera + 32 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 0.8µm selfie camera, for excellent photo-based documentation
In terms of the specs list, the P30 Pro is a stand out choice for the workplace, powerful, effective, and built to work with current systems.
However, there is one issue that customers often may take into consideration.
Can you trust Huawei for your workplace infrastructure?
There has been a lot of talk in the news recently about Huawei as a brand, and whether as a Chinese-owned and built company, they pose a threat risk in terms of data spying. While the conversation has typically involved concerns about rollout of Huawei 5G networks across the world, it gives pause to think about the company as a device manufacturer, too.
While Huawei “repeatedly denied that it works with the Chinese government,” it is really up to you to decide whether you believe this statement.
With the current focus on Chinese espionage within Australia, and the rising power of the nation (with declining US power), it may be something to consider.
We’re not saying the P30 Pro is going to spy on your business, but it could pay to be wary in the current landscape if you have very sensitive intellectual property.
Need advice on which will be the right mobile choice for your business?
At A1 Technologies we are adept at discovering your business requirements now, as well as envisioning what you’ll need for the future, and coming up with the perfect solutions to meet your tech needs. That includes advice on mobile devices for the workplace, business Wi-Fi solutions, and cloud-based infrastructure – plus rollout if need be.Get in contact with us today if you’d like to learn more about how we can help your business.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Enter your email and stay in touch with the latest updates from A1.
You might also like…
- OneDrive vs SharePoint – We often have some similar questions popping up when chatting to our clients, “What’s the difference between OneDrive and...
- Which internal communication channels do you use within your organisation? Email? Skype? IM? Slack? Tin cans and string? Maybe you’re already using Microsoft...
- Any workplace’s software backbone is the productivity suite they use, with output directly related to how effectively and efficiently the team uses their...